Service you deserve. People you trust
PERSONAL ATTENTION TO YOUR REAL ESTATE CLOSING
Central Ohio Title Services, LLC is committed to providing unmatched expertise and exceptional customer service to smoothly facilitate any real estate transaction. In addition to title insurance and escrow and closing services, we can provide an array of other title-related services.
If you are considering making a life-changing decision to purchase a home, our services can give you the peace of mind that your investment will be protected, as long as you or your family own the property. We will stand behind you, backed by a team that’s been protecting Ohio residents since 1955.
Frequently Asked Questions
Providing a corporate guarantee against defects covered by the insurance policy;
Paying all legal expenses to eliminate any title defects;
- Paying any claim arising from errors in the title examination or recording process; and
- Paying any loss arising from hidden defects in title and defects that are not of record. Title insurance protection provides peace of mind that your ownership and use will be defended
promptly against claims, at no cost to you, whether or not the claim is valid.
Most insurance policies require regular premiums to keep the coverage current. Title insurance will probably be the cheapest insurance you will ever purchase. A small, one-time payment will cover your title for as long as you, or your heirs, own the property.
Hidden defects can take many forms:
- Errors in the public records such as incorrect information in deeds and mortgages regarding names, signatures and legal descriptions;
- Judgments, liens and mortgages or any other claims against the property or the seller which become the new owner's responsibility after closing, such as unpaid taxes, assessments and other debts to creditors;
- Claims to ownership by the spouse of a former owner or by the "missing heir" of a deceased
owner who did not receive their share of the estate; and
- Invalid deeds or other transfers by sellers who did not actually own the property, or by previous owners who were minors or not mentally competent.
Additionally, in the event of a claim, there is no provision for payment of legal expenses for an uninsured party (that would be the owner holding title). When a loan policy is being issued, the small additional expense of an owner's policy is a bargain.
General Title Insurance Company has an outstanding record in all of these areas, and also offers many other superior services. General Title Insurance Company is one of the largest regional underwriters in the United States, and has protected its policy holders since 1925.